Come join Mountain Valley Regional Rehabilitation Hospital for this FREE event to learn more about strokes and how they can affect you or a loved one.
Saturday, May 13, 2017
9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
All-day Events include:
• Stroke risk assessments, including blood pressure and blood sugar testing
• Dietary education
• Pharmacy consultations
• Simulated stroke experiences and treatments, including the latest ZeroG technology
• Balance testing and cognition screenings (appointments strongly recommended)
• Information from community resources
Scheduled activities include:
• 10 a.m. – Educational class: Keeping Calm in a Sea of Crisis by Leigh Downing, Certified Master Chaplain
• 11:30 a.m. – Lunch & Learn: Stroke Signs, Symptoms & Prevention by Erin Aafedt, Speech Language Pathologist (lunch provided, reservation required)
• 1 p.m. – Educational class: Rebuilding Your Brain After a Stroke by Chris Knack, Certified Geriatric Care Manager for Home Care Assistance
• And more!
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO MAKE A LUNCH RESERVATION OR SCREENING APPOINTMENT, CALL KAREN RUSSELL AT 602-540-5310 OR EMAIL KAREN RUSSELL.